Powers of Pay Committee
POWERS OF THE PAY COMMITTEE
1. To keep under review the strategic objectives of the School and the School Improvement Plan. To keep under review and to be responsible for advising the Governing Board on matters relating to the Pay Policy. To monitor the implementation of this policy and its procedures and to ensure they are well publicised.
2. To keep under review and determine the job description of the Headteacher. To monitor annually the lesson observations of members of the Leadership Team. To consider the report by the Review Governors relating to the performance management review of the Headteacher.
3. To determine the salary and pay ranges for members of the Leadership Team and also Lead Practitioners, if appropriate. To ratify all staff salaries.
4. In consultation with the Headteacher to determine the structure of the Leadership Team.
5. In consultation with the Headteacher to determine the structure of the teaching and learning responsibility payments and all allowances.
6. To keep under review all legislation relating to the pay of staff.
7. Through the School Improvement Plan (and associated updates and briefings) to monitor change when appropriate and developments which relate to matters of pay.
8. To keep under review all Governors’ Statements of Policy that relate to pay. Subject to regulations:
- To approve draft Policies and permit the implementation of these by the Headteacher in the form of a Provisional Policy for up to six months in anticipation of adoption by the Governing Board
- To approve amendments to Policies that are not of a material nature
- If an urgent amendment of a material nature is required to a Policy then the Chair of Governors in consultation with the Chair of this Committee may permit the implementation of a change in the Policy by the Headteacher for up to six months in anticipation of adoption by the Governing Board
9. To ensure that the Headteacher and the Leadership Team carry out the proper instructions of this Committee.
10. To undertake tasks relating to pay matters referred to the Committee by the Governing Board. To report regularly to the Governing Board on all relevant matters and make recommendations. To liaise fully with all other Committees as appropriate.