The Sandon School is an oversubscribed 11-18 mixed comprehensive of 1270 students with an excellent reputation in the local area. We have superb facilities and view ourselves as an innovative teaching and learning community. The school is situated close to the main road on the east side of Chelmsford within easy reach of Chelmsford, Colchester, Southend and Brentwood and has good public transport links.
We require from September 2017, initially for one term, a creative, inspirational and innovative teacher to undertake the responsibility of Girls' PE within our highly successful and supportive Physical Education department. Applications are invited from candidates keen to take a strategic lead in driving forward girls' extra-curricular provision and undertake responsibility for KS3 Physical Education. A successful background in netball and gymnastics is essential. We have excellent facilities, including a brand new purpose built second sports hall, fitness room and adjoining dance studio, along with changing rooms and designated office space for staff.
We are a good school (OFSTED December 2013) and we offer:
· Excellent access to ICT facilities
· A friendly and supportive staff
· Commitment to continuous professional development
We are seeking:
· Experience of excellent teaching at GCSE and a willingness to teach A Level
· A practitioner with a background in netball and gymnastics
· An outstanding and innovative classroom practitioner
· Excellent administrative and organizational skills
· Confident and competent user of ICT systems
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Appointments will be subject to references and enhanced DBS checks.
Please contact Mrs J Hampton for an application pack on 01245 241141 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or see the school website for further information and an application form.
Closing date: 23 June 2017