Teacher of Music
Fixed term contract (two terms)
The Sandon School is a popular 11-18 mixed comprehensive of 1280 students with an excellent reputation in the local area. We have superb facilities and view ourselves as an innovative teaching and learning community. The school is situated close to the A12 on the east side of Chelmsford within easy reach of Chelmsford, Colchester, Southend and Brentwood and has good public transport links.
We require for January 2021, initially for two terms, an inspirational, well qualified and hardworking teacher of Music to join a successful, supportive and popular department with excellent facilities. The postholder will deliver the subject throughout Key Stages 3 and 4. An involvement within the thriving extra-curricular programme is encouraged for this post.
We are a Good school (Ofsted March 2018) and we offer:
- Excellent access to ICT facilities
- A friendly and supportive staff
- A commitment to continuous professional development
We are seeking an excellent classroom practitioner who can:
- engage, enthuse, motivate and challenge students
- Contribute positively to the continuation of an ambitious and progressive department
- Consistently plan and deliver the curriculum utilising a high level of initiative and organisation
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Appointments will be subject to references and enhanced DBS checks.
Please contact Mrs J Hampton for an application pack on 01245 241141 or by email email@example.com or see the information pack below for further information.
Closing date for applications: midday on 11 October 2021