Statement of Intent
The main purpose of this qualification is to prepare learners by providing a suitable foundation for the study of psychology or related courses in Higher Education. A further purpose of this qualification is to prepare learners intending to pursue careers or further study in social sciences, or as part of a general education.
The OCR A Level qualification in Psychology enables learners to:
- Develop essential knowledge and understanding of different areas of the subject and how they relate to each other
- Develop and demonstrate a deep appreciation of the skills, knowledge and understanding of scientific methods
- Develop competence and confidence in a variety of practical, mathematical and problem solving skills
- Develop their interest in and enthusiasm for the subject, including developing an interest in further study and careers associated with the subject
- Understand how society makes decisions about scientific issues and how the sciences contribute to the success of the economy and society.
Other resources - e-book
- A trip to the London Freud Museum
- A trip to University of Essex to participate in a research study