Teacher of English (Maternity Cover)
The Sandon School is a popular 11-18 mixed comprehensive of 1275 students with an excellent reputation in the local area. We have superb facilities and view ourselves as an innovative teaching and learning community. The school is situated close to the A12 on the east side of Chelmsford within easy reach of Chelmsford, Colchester, Southend and Brentwood and has good public transport links.
We are seeking to appoint from January 2024 a well-qualified, enthusiastic English teacher to join a strong and supportive department to cover a colleague on maternity leave.
We are a Good school (Ofsted March 2018) and we offer:
- Excellent access to ICT facilities
- A friendly and supportive staff
- A commitment to continuous professional development
We are seeking:
- An excellent and innovative classroom practitioner
- Excellent administrative and organisation skills
- A confident and competent user of ICT systems
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Appointments will be subject to references and enhanced DBS checks.
Applications should be submitted by midday on Monday, 2 October 2023